Saturday, 11 September 2010

happiness today, hope tomorrow

A month ago the wonderful Miss Ruby gave me this award.


Here in her own words are the reasons:
infertility (and many other things in life) makes you focus on the future your desire is for a future event even if you manage to get knocked up or get a successful adoption placement it's still a future event and so we're constantly looking forward looking to the future and focussing on happiness we may achieve then but what about the now? what about what is making us happy in this moment in this very instance?

I hadn't been able to pass it along until now, because I just hadn't been feeling much happiness or hope. But both of those are slowly changing and now feels like the right time.

The rules are easy - you put that picture up on your blog and you post about one thing you're happy about right now and one thing that you are hoping for in the future. And then you pass the award along.

Right now, I am happy that I am (albeit agonisingly slowly) finally losing weight because I am eating healthier and exercising more, and feeling happier so I am eating healthier and exercising more and losing weight and...well you get the gist.

And my hope for the future? I can't believe that I am not going to write "a healthy baby" - because I have finally acknowledged that my life is never going to include that. I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but I have stopped fighting it. So my hope for the future is a happy one with A.

I would like to pass this along to:
Jen @ Life in our 40s - Ups and Downs
Betty Rubble @ The Fork (Knife and Spoon) in the Road
CGD @ Adventures in Infertility-Land

3 comments:

  1. Lovely words from Miss Ruby. Happy to hear you are focusing on the now. Great job on your weight loss endeavours. I recently lost 10 pounds and am trying to keep it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo on the weightloss! I'm still battling that monster - one day I WILL slay it!!!

    Yay to the future goal! A blessed life with the one you love - *sigh* how blissful!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are starting to feel better and more hopeful again. I cannot imagine how hard it is to accept living child free, we are here to support you through that process.
    Thank you so very much for nominating me, I promise to pass it along this week.

    ReplyDelete