05.30: woken by my furry alarm clock's gentle tap, tap, tap on my head and a less gentle "meow" in my ear - stagger to kitchen, shake out some cat biscuits, stagger back to bed.
06.00: my other alarm clock shrilly galvanises me from bed and into the shower before my eyes fully open. Dress, gulp coffee, feed my darling little cat, glare enviously at A's oblivious and still sleeping form and then at
06.35: creep out of the flat into a breathtakingly chilly morning and trot down the hill to the bus-stop
06.45: climb onto bus, plug in my MP3 player and zone out until
07.30: get off bus and walk to the hospital, stopping on the way for coffee
07.40: arrive at my desk, boot up the computer, check
07.55: gather papers and notebook and go to meeting number 1
09.00: dash back to my office for meeting number 2
09.50: two cups of coffee are making their presence felt and I am silently begging my colleague to stop talking so I can go to the loo before
10.00: meeting number 3 which is dull with a capital Boring.
10.30: hooray! Meeting over
10.31: time to make another cup of coffee
10.35: type up minutes of meeting number 1
11.15: consider stealing a biscuit from the lab staff, remind myself stealing is wrong
11.17: steal chocolate digestive
12.00: go to evidence based medicine session
14.00: evidence based medicine session finishes, there is an ugly rush to the sandwich shop opposite
14.10: eat sandwich at my desk while making pie-charts in Ex£l for Dr Beardie
14.30: data collection for a research study which involves going through 125 sets of patient notes. There are a lot of data points and I have only done 3 sets of notes by
15.15: go over to the lab to see if any patients have been diagnosed with another condition we are currently researching in the last 24 hours. One has but they don't fulfil the inclusion criteria.
15.30: back to data collection
16.45: can I go home yet?
17.15: water plants, shut down computer, wash up coffee mug and cafetiere, leave the hospital
17.30: sitting in a pastry shop with a cup of tea and a chocolate eclair, chatting to a friend I haven't seen in months
18.30: friend decides we should decamp to the pub next door for some chips
18.35: we agree that the perfect complement to a bowl of chips is a G&T
20.00: friend realises that she has 20 minutes to cross London to get her train back to the Home County in which she lives
20.10: I am on the bus home, watching Young People in inappropriately skimpy clothes queue to get into clubs and pubs to start their evening
21.20: A, who has been out for a work thing, and I arrive home within moments of each other to an extremely hungry and vocal cat
21.24: A and I are sharing a bowl of honey roasted cashew nuts and watching tv
22.00: time for the interwebs - Scr@bble is down!!
23.00: Goodnight!

I really enjoyed reading this! Your day was very busy. What type of condition are you researching?
ReplyDeleteG&T and chips? I am so there the next time! Meanwhile, you can be sure I'll add you to the my blog list.
ReplyDeletejeebers you leave early for work!!!!
ReplyDelete