You are all lovely. Thank you for your comments on my last post, asking whether Significant Other / we are getting help. We are still going to see the Lovely Therapist at Rel@ate on a weekly basis, and the sessions are helpful, in the main. But I think that even Lovely Therapist last week was getting a bit frustrated at our lack of progress; she even asked us why we are still together if we are making each other so miserable.
Neither one of us could answer.
Significant Other is now seeing a therapist by himself, and whether we carry on going to see Lovely Therapist is up for discussion. He is also seriously considering taking some medication but can't quite bring himself to do that yet.
And me? I'm just taking everything one day at a time.
News I never wanted to share
1 day ago

One day at a time....
ReplyDeleteMy mantra at the moment.
I find it pointless to focus on anything BUT today because honestly who knows what tomorrow will bring?
Re what Lovely Therapist said about why you are still together...Guvnor & I go through that, sure we may annoy the hell out of each other, he may want to kill me and bury me in the backyard at times BUT underneath all that, we simply love each other. I would be lost without him.
xx
i wish i knew what to say.
ReplyDeletei don't know whether this is the right thing to say, but sometimes love isn't enough.
i hope he can start taking the meds. if he had a broken leg would he let his leg be put in plaster and use crutches? i bet he would. alternatively though i read this in G2 yesterday and thought it was good. it might help him to read it? http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/aug/02/depression-mental-health-breakdown
sending hugs as ever. i hope it does work out for you both.