I knew that dealing with Significant Other's depression would be a case of peaks and troughs. I just didn't realise that I would be looking back at what I called a trough 2 months ago and find that it was in fact a peak.
Oh no, I am so sorry that things are so difficult right now. I hope your SO is ok and that you are also finding ways to take care of yourself during this time. thinking of you......
oh honey. this leaves me feeling hollow inside, so i can only imagine how bad you are feeling right now.
is anyone taking care of you? if not, and if there is anyone who you can ask, this is time to ask them.
if not, and there is noone to ask, then ask someone anyway. anyone who will not make you pay for asking a favour somewhere down the line. i wish i could do it myself :(
Forgive me if I'm asking a question that you've already answered [my head is a mess this morning], has SO seen a Dr and received a treatment plan? Is he seeing someone - as in a counsellor or therapist to talk it all through?
It's one thing to stand by your partner while they battle something like depression but you cannot be expected to take on the lions share.
Depression needs management, professional management and support from loved ones.
I agree with B, you need to look after YOU as well. Do YOU have someone you can fall back on for support? If not, feel free to email me ANYTIME to vent, I'm more than happy to listen and listen and offer support my friend.
Big hugs and know that someone on the other side of the world, in a different hemisphere is thinking about you xxx
I can just second and third what B and Miss Ruby said, you both need some guidance and help through this personal hell you're going through. I hope one day soon, things turn for the better for good!
Yes, I want to second what B and Miss Ruby said too. Please, please, please make sure you're taking care of yourself and asking for support from anyone who can give it to you. You deserve that and you need that.
I am so sorry. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteOh no, I am so sorry that things are so difficult right now. I hope your SO is ok and that you are also finding ways to take care of yourself during this time.
ReplyDeletethinking of you......
oh honey. this leaves me feeling hollow inside, so i can only imagine how bad you are feeling right now.
ReplyDeleteis anyone taking care of you? if not, and if there is anyone who you can ask, this is time to ask them.
if not, and there is noone to ask, then ask someone anyway. anyone who will not make you pay for asking a favour somewhere down the line. i wish i could do it myself :(
sending lots of hugs and strength xxxx
i know exactly how you feel, though i would never be able to blog about it bc my hubby reads mine.
ReplyDeletethinking of you
xoxo
lis
Forgive me if I'm asking a question that you've already answered [my head is a mess this morning], has SO seen a Dr and received a treatment plan? Is he seeing someone - as in a counsellor or therapist to talk it all through?
ReplyDeleteIt's one thing to stand by your partner while they battle something like depression but you cannot be expected to take on the lions share.
Depression needs management, professional management and support from loved ones.
I agree with B, you need to look after YOU as well. Do YOU have someone you can fall back on for support? If not, feel free to email me ANYTIME to vent, I'm more than happy to listen and listen and offer support my friend.
Big hugs and know that someone on the other side of the world, in a different hemisphere is thinking about you xxx
I can just second and third what B and Miss Ruby said, you both need some guidance and help through this personal hell you're going through. I hope one day soon, things turn for the better for good!
ReplyDeleteSending lots and lots of love your way!
Yes, I want to second what B and Miss Ruby said too. Please, please, please make sure you're taking care of yourself and asking for support from anyone who can give it to you. You deserve that and you need that.
ReplyDeleteSending ((((HUGS))))) your way.
i'm catching up on your blog. i really hope that you're taking care of yourself through all of this. it must be so hard on you. thinking of you :)
ReplyDelete