One of the two IRL friends who reads this blog pointed out a glaring omission in my (lack of) posts these past few months. S and I are back together...
So, we had that perplexing morning when we broke up and we stayed broken up for five days. During those days we exchanged a few texts and calls and then he came back to London from visiting his parents and straight to my flat. He told me that he hadn't meant what he said and told me that he had panicked. I was sceptical until he said "the last woman I loved died and I never thought I'd get over it. When I realised how I feel about you, I became insanely convinced you would die too. So I ran."
To the casual observer it will seem a very bizarre thing to think. But I've done almost exactly the same. Each time I got pregnant after Starchild I was terrified and convinced (correctly as it happened) that something terrible would fall upon me. I understand drowning in irrational waves of panic.
Since then S and I have gone from strength to strength. I met his parents last month and they like me :-)
And I, kind listener, can't remember when I have been this happy.
News I never wanted to share
1 day ago

OMG! Apparently some people ( namely men) behave strangely because they are wounded - not because they are pure jerks.thats a good reminder to me. I'm so glad you are happy! Tell us more about your cute coupledom! Of course his parents like you! Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you thank you thank you to your IRL friend who pointed out this omission. I am delighted to hear this news. And that you are so happy. (Of course S's parents like you!)
ReplyDeleteYes, for what it's worth I understand S's reaction. I've seen it in other men. On the ectopic board, there were reports of lots of men who suddenly decided they didn't want children after all, or that they should wait for a year or two before trying again. This was torture to their distraught partners, but in the men's (irrational) minds, it solved a problem. Pregnancy/lost pregnancies made their partners unhappy. Therefore the answer to avoiding this pain was to run and never to get pregnant again. And as you point out, we women are perfectly capable of irrational fear too. I'm so glad he overcame his fear and that you're now both happy. This has made my day.
Wonderful!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou know how made up I am for you when it comes to S, you're happy and I can't thank S enough for making you happy my dear friend. The only thing better than ones own happiness is seeing those you love and care for happy too xo
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, I too can understand S's thought process, once your heart has been broken, regardless of how it was broken, you are forever wary of putting it out there to possibly be broken again.
Meeting each other, may just have been what both your and S's hearts needed to mend and feel love again xo
Oh dear goodness...I'm so nicely surprised!!!! Enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy! I'm glad he came back and said all those things! (((HAPPY HUGS)))
ReplyDelete