Sunday, 10 October 2010

in which I fail to find my big-girl pants

I am having a bit of a mini meltdown.  It's not pretty, feel free to click away and come back when I have grown a pair.

1.  We have damp.  I was making up the spare bed this evening, for my mother to spend the night in tomorrow and found small spots of damp in one corner of the mattress.  There are also spots of damp on A's and my bedroom ceiling.  I am going to have to Get A Man In and, even though it may all turn out fine, at the moment I am being very Eyeore and trying to figure out how the frack I am going to pay for a damp course.  Two years ago I had to have a new boiler installed, 18 months ago I had to have double glazing put in and then my half of the cost of the fertility treatments wiped out what was left of my savings.

2. My dad is having surgery on his retina tomorrow.  Again, I am sure he will be fine, it's a routine operation and he should, all being well, only have to stay in hospital until Tuesday.  But he is 70 years old and not in the best of health, and will be having a general.

3. Work is awful at the moment, so much so that for the past month I have found my footsteps slowing the closer I get to the hospital.  A couple of days ago I had to shut myself in my office on arrival because I was in tears at the thought of facing another day there.

4. I am really, really tired.  Tired of worrying about things, tired of wondering how to afford to pay to fix the next problem. Tired of the huge, gaping void in my life and heart that hurts with almost each breath I take. Tired of pretending that everything is fine, tired of pretending that I am fine.

5. I am not fine.

8 comments:

  1. I know you are not fine petal. I wish I could do something more than offering an understanding ear. Let me know. For now I'll keep your dad and your heart in my thoughts. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houses they just suck money don't they?! You get one thing sorted and then another bloody pops up!

    I will keep your Dad in my thoughts and surround him in healing white light, I'm SURE he will pull through fine.

    I hear you on work, some days are good but the bad days are well bad.

    I'm glad you put number 5 down. NOT glad that you're not fine of course but glad that you can admit that, first step n all.

    And I'm very happy to say that in 12 days I will be in the same country as you [yay!] and in 25 days I get to give you a REAL hug!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are struggling. I know you had a rough few months lately and I imagine you have had to be fine even when you are not.
    I hope that things do get better and that your father's surgery goes well.
    Thinking of you and sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, damp. I grew up in a house that had that problem...and it sucked. I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to feel that everything is crumbling around you. My prayers go out to your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Ugh, I'm so sorry!! It's one thing after another with houses, isn't it? I hope it's a quick, inexpensive solution this time.
    2. Such a worry. I very much understand this. I will send prayers and lovely thoughts his way tomorrow.
    3. I'm so sorry work is so wretched these days. Is there any possible way to make a change? Is there anyone there you can speak to about making things more bearable?
    4. I still spend a lot of time pretending. It's just habit now. But yeah, it's exhausting, and I'm so sorry you're having to do it too. Please treat yourself with kindness and make sure you're getting as much sleep and relaxation as you possibly can. That's an order, missy.
    5. I wish I could help. I wish there was a way to erase the kind of pain you're in, but all I can do is send you lots of love across the ether and let you know I'm thinking of you, and that I'm in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah my lovely. i wish i could make it all ok. i so do.

    if i win the lottery sometime soon i'll pay for the house stuff, no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh ugh ugh to the damp. What a pain.

    Best wishes to your dad.

    My own job is not really particularly stressful, in fact I quite like it, but there are months when I am just so tired, and so sad, that I have no energy to deal with it at all and end up hating and dreading it. I can only imagine how drained and miserable you must be. Constant worry and stress on top of the heartbreak. I'm sorry. It all sucks very much indeed right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweetie - I'm so sorry you're down in the dumps right now. It's completely understandable - you have way too much going on right now, that's all hard to deal with. Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete