Given that I have been merrily sharing intimate details of my lady-parts over the past year, it feels strange to have been shy of mentioning before that I am leaving London, nay England, for 2 weeks tonight.
Significant Other flew off on Friday and is already in a land down-under and I am leaving on a jet-plane in about 2 hours to meet him there. We are going to spend two weeks with his parents in their holiday apartment in Australia. I guess the reason I didn't mention it before is that I wasn't sure if we would make it to this trip or if Significant Other would have left me by now.
Well, that is one of the reasons. The other reason is that I have met my not-in-laws in the flesh once before, 2 years ago while I was pregnant with Starchild. At that time the plan was to return this year with their 18-month-old grandchild; instead I am going with empty arms, a barren womb and no baby in the future.
On the plus side, of course, I get to spend two weeks on holiday on the other side of the world. And I also get to spend the next ten minutes wandering around staring longingly at unfeasibly large bars of chocolate in Duty Free...
News I never wanted to share
1 day ago

Have a wonderful trip. I am dying to go to Australia. I can imagine that this is a loaded trip for you given everything that has gone on, I hope your in laws are sympathetic and supportive. Have fun!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe and wonderful trip! I know it will be hard with the memories, but hang in there. I'll be thinking of you and sending "have fun" vibes!
ReplyDeleteoOoOo whereabouts down here are you headed to?? If it's West, we're having gorgeous sunny weather at the minute but cold mornings.
ReplyDeleteThe trip will be good for your soul...just forget everything bad/negative in your life at the moment and just enjoy being down under!
xxx
Hope you are enjoying your trip. Happy blogoversary!
ReplyDelete