Thank you for your supportive comments on my last two posts.
My week has mainly been fuelled by endless cups of tea at work and falling face-first into tubs of ice cream at home. But last night I went to a concert and had a wonderful evening and today I feel much more positive about things.
I still have no idea what happened or what S was thinking, but I can either fret about it endlessly (my usual MO) or I can just accept that I may never know and move on. I chose the latter!
Still - breaking up IS hard to do...
News I never wanted to share
1 day ago

I'm glad you are feeling more positive. I'm sure it will go up and down, but it sounds like the concert and your evening reminded you that life is still full of great things.
ReplyDeleteGood for you choosing to accept that you won't know what S was thinking and so will instead just move on. Let's face it - he probably doesn't even know what he was thinking! And I know moving on won't be that easy - but I'm wishing you the best. Sending hugs.
Enjoy the ice cream. Whether you feel you "need it" or not. It's ice cream after all.
((((HUGS))) I'm glad that you're feeling better. Good for you for accepting that you may never know. I agree with Mali that maybe he doesn't know, either.
ReplyDeleteNow you make me want some ice-cream. Up and down we go...hopefully more up than down.
He's a man, he has zero clue what he was thinking but you can bet you last pence, that he's realised what he's lost by now ;)
ReplyDeleteChin up sweetheart, you're fabulous, never forget that!
Love your guts
Rach xxxxx
And they say women are mysterious creatures?? I'm sorry, Illanare. :( Enjoy that ice cream. <3
ReplyDeleteMy first love broke up with me when I finished high school. In the one year we were together, we fought once. He was my first love, my first everything, and to this day. I have no idea why he broke up with me when one week before that we were planning to move in together.
ReplyDeleteHe married his true love, he pursued that girl, his best friend's girlfriend, for years and years. She got pregnant on her honeymoon. They have a daughter. He asked her for a divorce three years ago.
He is not a bad person. He is not stupid, or shallow, or mean. After twenty years, out of which eight were spent being married to my true love, the man of my dreams, the one who really gets me, I still have no idea why my first love did what he did. But I am thankful he did it, because we would have broken up anyway.
I am telling you this not because the situations are similar. Breaking up is something very difficult when one is not the one actively doing it, at any age. I believe the world does stop for a bit then, but it soons picks up its rhythm, and flips us the bird.
I hope your grieving is getting less every day. Ice cream surely helps. S is not the end of the world, and there are other men who are not like him. I do hope you find one of those keepers to make your days and nights unlonely.
Illanare, just want to let you know that I'm sending you warm thoughts...hoping you'll let us know how you're doing. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDelete