First up for my "12 for 2012" - life in the Big Top!
Goth Girl, Rock Chick and I took a class in circus skills yesterday. We booked during a moment of madness and, having paid our money beforehand, presented ourselves nervously at the appointed time and place. We were the oldest there by a good decade, and Rock Chick and I were the heaviest there by - well, let's not continue that thought.
But, it didn't matter. As the trainer said the first time I wobbled off the tight-rope: "it's a mental, not physical, block".
We learnt to juggle (I can now keep three balls in the air for at least 2 seconds), walk a tight-rope (albeit only about a foot off the ground), balance on each other and best of all - we all had a go on the flying trapeze!
It was amazing fun, all of it, and I want to do it again!
News I never wanted to share
1 day ago

What fabulous fun!!! We have a circus that comes to perform at our church at Xmas and every year I have a hankering to join them. Good for you all!
ReplyDeletedoing a flying trapeze is on my to do list once i've dropped some weight, it's one of my rewards and i can't wait!!!
ReplyDelete~x~
Cool! Glad you had fun. I know someone who does it as their main form of exercise/fun.
ReplyDeleteWow! It's great that you had so much fun! Good for you!
ReplyDelete