Saturday, 2 July 2011

oh, for heavens' sake!

There I was, having a lovely girls' day out with my dear friend Too on one of her rare visits to the capital, when SLAM! Punched in the gut by a memory and I was in tears.  What did it?  Walking past the Berners Street branch of this store.

Could I get any more ridiculous?!

6 comments:

  1. 1. you're not ridiculous, you're lots of [fabulous] things but ridiculous is not one of them ;-P

    2. memories rarely pick a good time to surface. rather they prefer to surprise us when we a. least want them to and b. when we are least ready for them and then when they do arrive it's like a sucker punch in the stomach with an accompanying cheer squad waving pom poms - no half arsed effort on their part!

    3. while i wish you never had to experience what you did, i'm glad that you weren't alone when you did - memories and tears are never nice but having a friend with comforting arms on hand, takes some of the sting out of them when they do.

    4. this has turned into an essay, which i apologise profusely for but i've been slack with commenting recently and am trying to make up for it - forgive me?

    sending love and squishy cuddles from oztralia my sweet as always

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what can trigger memories. I'm so sorry... Sending you a hug...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you haven't posted for a while, I hope you are ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're totally NOT ridiculous. Sneak attacks are very, very real.

    Sending (((((HUGS))))) and apologies for being a really bad blog friend lately. I hope you're doing okay.

    ReplyDelete