Monday, 20 December 2010

a year ago

A year ago today I was pregnant.

A year ago tomorrow I learnt my HcG levels were dropping.

A year ago on Friday I started to miscarry our Little Stars.

A year ago I still thought that this Christmas would see us as parents.

It was only a year ago.

But it was also a lifetime ago.

21 comments:

  1. No words of wisdom here. Just love, and hugs, from another battle-worn woman. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Illanare, what a terrible anniversary. Know I am thinking of you and sending lots of love. You have been through too much pain, and this last year has been particularly cruel. With every molecule of my soul I wish you a very happy 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. big squishy hugs beautiful.

    Thinking of you lovely.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending love, and remembering.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lovely....

    If there is one thing that saddens me MORE than my own losses it's those of my friends, especially such a beautiful person as you M.

    You would make such a wonderful mother and it upsets me that you may never be able to show a child that.

    Sending you bucketloads of warm loving hugs my friend, hugs that one day I will be able to give you in person again [yes I'm scheming on coming back LOL]

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh honey. i am thinking of you and your little baby. You have been through so much and it breaks my heart that you have endure such a anniversary. Sending lots of love to you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweetie... Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you and your little ones. Sending hugs and love your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry that the anniversary of your loss is approaching. Christmas is an unbearable time for those who have suffered a loss. I also expected to have a baby in my arms this Christmas and find myself sad and weepy these past few weeks. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for this difficult anniversary. You are in my thoughts. May Little Stars send you a sign from his/her spot in the eternal universe. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here from LFCA, and feeling heartsick for you ... you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here from LFCA.

    My thoughts are with you, and with everyone who has suffered a loss at Christmas time. Hugs, tears, and commiseration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry. And will be thinking of you and the many other should-be parents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're in my thoughts. (((HUGS))) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, this is the first post of yours that I have read. I don't know if you want to visit my blog (we are 'infertile' but have a child now), we lost our firstborn in '04, plus have also had 11 m/c's and one of those was @ 10wks the day before Xmas Eve in '04. I feel for you, my heart is heavy for your losses, and I would dearly love to get to know you a little better. I hope you don't mind my visiting here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing how 12 months can pass by but the pain and sadness remain raw. 12 months can feel like a lifetime but can feel like just yesterday too. I am new to this area of the blogging world-I have been in tumblr for awhile and branching to blogger. I hope 2011 is a better year for you!

    ReplyDelete