Then was May 1997. Everyone I knew was a Labour supporter. My flatmate and I stayed up until 3.00am watching the election results roll in, and we even went as far as recording the segment for our constituency, and watched the tape over and over again. We were all so hopeful and naively believed that it was the dawning of a new golden age...
Now is May 2010 and the Tories are back in.
Frack.
News I never wanted to share
1 day ago

i've always been lib dem, but i was still so, so relieved when labour got in in 1997. i remember the day. everything (and everyone) seemed so hopeful.
ReplyDeletei didn't know any tories then. i only know one now.
i still don't understand how this happened. i really thought we had a chance at change.
i feel sick.
I think the change in government could be just what Britain needs....because honestly they couldn't be more of a fuck up than Labour has been could they?
ReplyDeleteoh thegalwho.
ReplyDeletei'm pretty sure they could.
i hope you're right though.
I would gladly send you Obama if I could. Please take him!!!
ReplyDeleteB I shall keep everything crossed for that they don't and they can't!! LOL
ReplyDeleteMK - i'll have obama over the tories any day!!!!
ReplyDeletethegalwho, thanks, me too :)