Thursday, 24 December 2009

the afternoon before Christmas

Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful and supportive comments. Thank you to those who came over from LFCA (and for whoever posted my news) and thank you most especially to those of you who took time from the pile of poo you yourselves are wading through to offer me comfort.

It seems so crass, in the face of all your support, to keep on keeping on, but I have another bone to pick with the universe. Not enough for me to miscarry my third pregnancy over Christmas, dear universe? Not enough for it to happen while I'm still suffering with a chest infection? Seriously, you had to give me a lump under my breast at the same time? I mean - seriously?? A lump so painful it actually restricts movement of my right arm? Did you think, dear universe, that giving me this just when I can't even attempt to make an appointment with my GP until Tuesday, would add spice to the festive season? Well, guess again. Too much has happened this year to make this anything to fret over.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And having got that off my chest, I would like to, rather less dementedly, wish everyone a very peaceful Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Owie. The universe can't see someone who's already down without wading in to give them a good kicking, can it? I'm very sorry you'll be unwell on top of everything else over Christmas, and very sorry the evil universe has set out to worry you.

    Best wishes for some peace and good times over the holidays, and my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear,
    that is so so not fair and so horrible. I am disgusted with the universe on your behalf. I really really am hoping that this last blow gets dealt with quickly. That is a big pile of pooh!xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. So unfair. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and ALL the best in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so scary and I hope you find out it is a pissed off somethingorothern that will simply resolve with hot compresses. Oh Illanare, you deserve a break for sure.
    sorry it is not starting now.

    thinking of you and wishing you good news on tuesday (preferably no longer sore either please)

    warmly,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I too found a lump and it was benign-- I hope the same happens to you.

    ReplyDelete