Monday, 13 July 2009

baby blues


Tomorrow would have been our baby's due date. This is the second time in 8 months that I am facing this empty day but our first lost baby's due date wasn't so bad because we had just found out I was pregnant again. No such distraction this time, alas.

I don't know if Significant Other has remembered, he's said nothing and I don't want to bring the topic up as it will hurt him. It's all made a little bit harder because three of my friends are pregnant and while I am delighted for all of them, I do find it tough sometimes. Today I had a wobble and just kept on thinking "it's not fair"!! Rachel and Ross haven't been trying as long and Rachel is years younger than I am, Phoebe and Joey already have a child and Monica and Chandler have a child too and she's younger than me. My better self has resurfaced this evening, though, and I am feeling a little less selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment